EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. ||: LOOK-UP-TO-lf THE-lf LAMB FROM GOD. :|| OUR BURDEN, HE-lf CARRY INSIDE-SELF. OUR PAIN, HE-lf KNOW+. ALL SIN IN WORLD LOOK-UP-TO-lf THE-lf LAMB FROM GOD. ACCEPT.
Refrain: ||: LOOK-UP-TO-lf THE-lf LAMB FROM GOD. :|| JESUS, JESUS, HIMSELF-lf LAMB FROM GOD.
2. TRUE-BIZ OUR GRIEF HE-lf SUFFER. ALL OUR SORROW CARRY. HE-lf DIE, REPLACE US. PEOPLE REJECT, MOCK HIM-lf. HIS-lf PAIN CAUSE US HEAL.
3. (role play from lf) HEAVENLY-FATHER FORGIVE THEM-rt. THEY-rt UNDERSTAND NOT. THEY-rt ACT, BUT UNDERSTAND NOT.
4. KINGDOM HERE WORLD, NOW BECOME CHRIST HIS-lf KINGDOM. HE-lf REIGN FOREVER-AND-EVER WILL. THE-lf LAMB WORTHY.
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
LAMB - SHEEP.
BURDEN - (2h)[C], POs ><, FOs up, are placed on DS shoulder and press it down so that the body tips > DS.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
SIN - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
GRIEF - (2h)[S] twist at heart.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
FOREVER-AND-EVER - ALWAYS + DH [Y], PO > signer, FO up, swings outwards with PO turning away. With DH still held in its final position, NDH [Y], PO > signer, FO up, swings outwards with PO turning away.
WORTHY - (2h)[F], POs ><, FOs away, tap together twice.
1. Behold the Lamb of God, who carries our burden, who knows our pain, who bears the sins of the world.
Refrain: Behold the Lamb of God. Jesus is the Lamb of God.
2. Surely he has borne our grief and carried the sorrows of us all. Struck down in our stead, rejected and scorned, and by his wounds we are healed.
3. Father, forgive them; they do not understand. They do not understand what they do.
4. The kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of Christ, and he shall reign for endless days. Worthy is the Lamb.
To hear a musical setting of these lyrics (without words), go to Bob Sorem's Hymn MIDI sequences and click on "Behold the Lamb of God (B. Dufford)".