EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: LORD, YOU SHOW-us US LIFE TRUE WAY. SHOW-us US LIFE TRUE WAY. :||
1. TAKE-CARE-OF-me ME, GOD. DEPEND-ON YOU PROTECT ME. me-TELL-God YOU, WHO MY GOD? YOU. Refrain
2. MY HEART HAPPY. MY SOUL CELEBRATE. YOU YOURSELF CONTROL MY FUTURE. Refrain
3. ME SET-UP LORD. VISUALIZE HIM CLOSE, SUPPORT ME. MY LIFE CALM FROM-NOW-ON. Refrain
4. PROTECT ME, GOD. YOURSELF MY FORTRESS. ME PRAISE YOU, GOD. YOURSELF MY STRENGTH. Refrain
5. ME BLESS YOU, GOD. YOURSELF MY TEACHER. DOESN'T-MATTER NIGHT DARK. YOU GUIDE MY HEART. Refrain
6. MY HEART FEEL HAPPY. MY BODY THRILLED ABOUT LIFE. BODY, SOUL, SPIRIT, WHOLE-THING, REST SAFE WITH YOU. Refrain
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
TAKE-CARE-OF-me - (2h)[K], FOs > signer, cross at wrist and circle perpendicaulr to chest.
FROM-NOW-ON - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, DHFT touches knuckle side of NDHFT and moves away in a downward arc.
FORTRESS - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, strike the whole length of the forearms together like TABLE then DH is held under NDH and the arms strike again.
BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
WHOLE-THING - (2h), POs down, FOs away, are held side by side and the hands descend, supinate, and end with POs up by traveling in a circle.
Refrain: Lord, you will show us the path of life.
1. Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to you, "My God are you."
2. My heart is glad. My soul rejoices. You it is who holds fast my lot.
3. I set the Lord ever before me. He's at my right hand; I shall not be moved.
4. Protect me, God, for you are my refuge. I will praise you, God, for you are my strength.
5. I bless you, God, for you are my teacher. Even at night you guide my heart.
6. My heart is glad, my body thrills with life. My whole being rests safe in you.